This cool and crisp broccoli salad is the perfect Summer side dish for a cook out.
I’ve never been a broccoli fan….actually, I’ve never been a fan of any of the ingredients in this salad (texture issues) except for bacon. Bacon gets me every time.
My first experience with this broccoli salad was at a wedding where I helped make a huge tub of it (literally, a huge rubbermaid tub) for over 100 guests. I wasn’t a big fan of it then but for some reason this past year I had a craving for it. Funny how your tastes change, isn’t it?
Anyway, I made it for a cook out we had and it paired perfectly with my grilled hamburger! You get sweetness from the grapes & dressing, salty from the bacon and crispness from the broccoli & onions. Mmm, Mmm, Mmm!
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups red grapes, quartered
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped
- 1/4 lb crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- Mix dressing ingredients until blended and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix broccoli, bacon, grapes & onion.
- Stir in dressing just before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.