Hi, and welcome! I’m so glad you came by!
My name is Heather and I am the sole author of embellish*ology. I started on this creative blogging path in 2008 when I started a blog along with my first Etsy shop selling handmade paper goods. I kind of lost my way in 2011 when I became a mom to twin girls (and tried my hand at mommy blogging….and failed IMO) but now I’m getting back to creating and creative blogging and I am very excited about it! I really hope you will join me in this new (old?) adventure!
If you are like me, you like to skim so I’ll tell you more about me in bullet points. Mmmmk?
- My degree is in Psychology but I worked in finance as a Project Coordinator before becoming a stay at home mom.
- I am an infertility survivor. After an eight year battle we finally, with the help of IVF, got pregnant with twin girls affectionately known as TnT (Tillie and Tensley).
- I am a 2 time tornado survivor. I was born, raised and have always lived in Oklahoma. I didn’t experience my first tornado until I was 23. Fourteen years later, I experienced my second tornado….with my not quite 2 year old girls.
- After losing 2 homes and (re)building 2 custom homes, I feel I have a bit of expertise in that area so if you are wanting to or are planning to build a house, feel free to email me with any questions you might have. I’d love to help!
- I survive my crazy twin mom gig by consuming large amounts of caffeine contained in coffee (lots of cream and sugar, please) and Coke.
- My creative journey started when I was a kid. I was always trying to figure out how to make things…decor, barbie clothes, anything my mom was making…. At one point, my mom let my sister and I share a booth at a craft mall selling our creations.
- I worked at a scrapbook store for 2 years before opening my first Etsy shop.
- I LOVE party planning and interior decorating.
- I’ve recently added photography to my list of things I do.
- I love sharing my findings/inspiration and creations with others.