This instant maple & brown sugar oatmeal mix is a quick and easy way to serve breakfast on a busy morning. A bonus is that it is also free of preservatives and other ingredients you can’t pronounce.
A couple of years ago I temporarily turned into a preservative free maniac. I did everything I could to not have any foods in our home with preservatives. It was exhausting!
Since then, I’ve relaxed a little (ain’t nobody got time for that) but some of the things I kept around just because they were a lot cheaper to make than to buy. Mixes were one of those things and the mix I am going to introduce you to today is an instant maple & brown sugar oatmeal mix.
This mix takes about 5 minutes to put together. It’s a lot quicker than running to the grocery store to buy a box of instant oatmeal so why not try it?
Instant Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal Mix
Putting together this mix can be done in 3 simple steps.
First, you mix together the brown sugar, salt and maple flavoring.
Next, add your ground and whole oats and mix thoroughly.
Lastly, dump your mix into an airtight container or separate into portions by using snack sized bags.
If you want to label your container or baggies, I have these printable labels available for you. Simply click on the image and save to your computer. The container label measures 3″x3″ and the portion labels are sized to be printed on the Avery Address labels.
Individual Portion Label
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Maple Flavoring or Extract*
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Quick Oats, finely ground
- 2 cups Quick Oats, whole
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and maple flavoring. Add whole and ground oats, mix thoroughly. Store in airtight container.
- Place 2/3 cup of mix and add liquid to desired consistency (about 1/2). Heat in microwave approximately 1 minute.
- Note: I have found that maple extract tastes much better than imitation maple flavoring.
Want to pin this for later? Pin the image below!