Make these fun red white and blue pinwheels using paper straws, brads and the free printable included!
If you have a minimal budget for holiday decor, it can be hard to find cute decorations that are budget friendly. So what do you do if you can’t afford a bunch of decor? Make it, of course!
These patriotic pinwheels make cute decor and can even double as decor for your patriotic parties and BBQ’s. Even better, they are extremely inexpensive to make for party favors or cupcake toppers. The possibilities are endless, really.
Make You’re Own Patriotic Pinwheels
- Pattern Paper or the Free Printable
- Paper Straws
- Scissors or paper trimmer
- Paper piercer or a pin (for poking holes in the template)
- Print pinwheel template. It’s two sided so you’ll need to print and then feed the paper back into the printer to print on the backside.
- Cut out pinwheel square from the free printable
- On the printable:
- Make a cut from the corners along the solid black printed lines
- Poke holes in the black printed circles on the corners and the center
- Poke a hole through one end of the straw
- Take brad and feed it through every other corner and then through the center of the pinwheel.
- Feed brad through the straw and secure.*
*This is for a non movable pinwheel. If you want a working pinwheel, you will need to use a straight pin securing it to the straw by bending it downward after feeding it through the straw.
Now that you have your pinwheels, what will you do with them?
Linking up with: The Creative Gallery