So you’re sitting on the couch watching your favorite show and suddenly, you get a craving for something sweet! You race to the fridge, nothing. Peek into the pantry, nothing. Then you desperately sneak away to your secret hiding spot only to find that sneaky husband cleaned you out!
Lucky for you, you likely have the ingredients to make yourself a batch of no-bake cookies.
There’s a lot of oats in these cookies (everyone needs fiber, am I right?). Then there’s cocoa….it’s totally good for you, right? Oh! And there’s peanut butter so you can get lots of protein! We won’t even talk about the amount of sugar in this recipe….it’s not important. Just add what the recipe calls for and move on.
These cookies are seriously soooo easy and take about 5 minutes to make. No bake cookies are also great to make and give as holiday gifts. Throw some in a jar, slap a cute label or tag on them (check out my etsy shop for Christmas jar labels and tags) and BAM! easy peasy gift idea.
They’re so good it’s hard to eat just one!
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 c sugar
- 1/2 c milk
- 4 Tbsp cocoa
- 3/4 c peanut butter
- 3 c rolled oats (quick oats are fine too)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a saucepan, mix butter, sugar, milk and cocoa on medium-high until it comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Next, stir in peanut butter until mixed well then add oats.
- With a teaspoon or small cookie scoop, drop onto waxed or parchment paper and allow cookies to set.